SharePoint List Field Manager

Rating:        Based on 5 ratings
Reviewed:  5 reviews
Downloads: 2874
Released: May 23, 2010
Updated: May 24, 2010 by amacaulay
Dev status: Stable Help Icon

Recommended Download

Application SharePoint.List.Field.Manager.WSP
application, 38K, uploaded May 23, 2010 - 2483 downloads

Other Available Downloads

Application SharePoint.List.Field.Manager.Sandbox.WSP
application, 32K, uploaded May 23, 2010 - 391 downloads

Release Notes

This is Version 2 of the SharePoint List Field Manager. First created for CorasWorks customers, we have decided to make it publically available to the community.

There are two "WSP" solutions.

SharePoint.List.Field.Manager.WSP is a Farm Deployable WSP that you can use to deploy to any Web Application on the SharePoint 2007 or 2010 Farm. You can then, at the Site Collection level, activate the Feature and use this Web Part.
SharePoint.List.Field.Manager.Sandbox.WSP is a Sandbox Deployable WSP that you can deploy to any Site Collection provided User Solution Sandboxes are active in your SharePoint 2010 Farm. Once installed and activated you can then use this web part. Resource requirements are .29 or lower depending on your server configuration.

It is a Web Part so that you can place the technology within any location you wish, even a list if that suits your needs.

To install to 2007 or 2010 Farm please see the following instructions at:
To install as a 2010 Sandbox Solution please the following instructions at:

This web part is currently supported for all CorasWorks Customers through our standard support help desk. For Non CorasWorks customers please use the Discussions area in CodePlex for further assistance.

Reviews for this release

After deploying this Solution to my 2007 farm I started working on my Lists by using the webpart provided by this solution. There are not many words to say, it works great. It is easy to use and has no bugs which I could have detected. .... But: Shortly after adding the Solution and deploying it to my productive environment things started to get strange. What I can tell so far: 1) some InfoPath documents stopped working 2) PNG-Images weren't able to be displayed anymore After deleting the solution everything went back to normal and my "broken" InfoPath documents were back alive. I don't know how deep the manipulation of my farm environment went by using this solution but it is not usable for me. Later I discovered that more or less the same settings can be made by using the Sharepoint Manager! Cheers Hans0r
by Hans0r on Feb 11, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Sorry for your experience. If I may ask some questions to better understand what was occurring. When you deployed into production, did you deploy and then the problems occur or did you deploy and then leverage the web part to do changes and then the problems to occur? AlSo what version of SharePoint did you install to? I really appreciate your help with this. There are a number of changes that can be leveraged through Content Types, SPD, and the always ever present Sister PowerShell. I am glad you were able to find a solution that got to your final result. Your answers to my questions will help to insure that I can provide a work around if I need to implement an immediate change in SharePoint's structure. I've actually rebuilt a new version that uses the Client Object Model instead, it's pretty sweet. Well I found someone else did so as well and documented it as well so why wait you can use it now:
Reply by amacaulay (N/A) on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Thank you Adam!
by rbozo on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM
very nice and helpfull tool. it saves alot of coding time :)) thank u for the great job.
by tarekjajeh on Oct 5, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Pretty Nice Tool!! Thanks :)
by mgrimber on Jul 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM
A hidden gem that comes into light :).
by Rainer on May 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM